This FAQ’s section is intended as general informal guidance only and not as specific advice. Also, things do change over time (particularly planning policy and building regulations) and, although this section will be updated periodically, it may not always be completely up to date. If you have a specific query about your project or a general enquiry please do not hesitate to call and speak to one of our team who will be able to give you more targeted guidance.
1. I haven’t done this before, how do I start and where does it finish?
DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
2. I don’t want to manage my project, but why use a Chartered Architect?
3. Why use studioCASS?
4. How much does it cost?
5. Can I have a partial service?
6. How about other consultants/specialists?
7. What is planning permission?
8. How do I get planning permission?
9. What is ‘permitted development’?
10. My home is a Listed building
11. I live in a Conservation Area
12. What are Building Regulations?
13. How do I get Building Regulations Approval?
14. What is a Party Wall Agreement?
15. How do I choose a builder?
16. How do I fix a budget and programme and avoid overruns?
17. Will I pay VAT?
18. Do I need special insurance?
19. Green architecture and environmentally-conscious design